I’m sitting in Café Gratitude in Venice, California. I was deciding on this week’s superfood spotlight when my Immortal tea arrives with some cinnamon sprinkled on top. Cinnamon is one of my favorite spices. Everything tastes better with cinnamon. Cinnamon is warm and cuddly and believe it or not, it is quite the super food!
A recent study in the medical literature reviewed all the health benefits that have been published on cinnamon.
- Improves immunity by fighting off bacteria and parasites
- Is great for diabetics because it lowers blood sugar levels
- Decreases blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- May prevent osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s
- Is liver protective
- Helps with wound healing
- Has antioxidant properties
Since it keeps blood sugar low, cinnamon helps with maintaining a healthy weight too. I sprinkle it in my smoothies, in my tea, on top of sliced apples, on my morning oatmeal, on baked sweet potatoes and more! Choose organic cinnamon whenever possible and enjoy!