A friend of mine recently gifted me a “Sun Potion” concoction called Anandamide, which means joy or bliss in Sanskrit. This raw cacao blend contains many powerful superfoods including Maca, Reishi mushroom, Rose Petals, Tumeric, Love (yes it’s listed as an ingredient), and a few others I’ve yet to hear about, though I’m excited to research them for new superfood post material.
Inspired to try it in a smoothie I created the following for a yummy morning treat:
- 1-2 cups of almond milk
- Depending on how thin/thick you like it
- I do 2 cups to maximize hydration whenever I can)
- 2-3 large Organic Kale leaves (stems and all)
- For a greener smoothie use 3
- I use 3 because we can never get enough greens!
- Be sure to rinse thoroughly, you never know what surprises are hiding in the leaf crevices!
- ½ Organic Apple
- 1 Organic Banana
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of raw, organic honey
- Depends how sweet you like it!
- 2 heaping, generous teaspoons of the Anandamide, Sun Potion, Raw Cacao Blend
- A few sprinkles of LOVE!
Pour all ingredients into a blender, WITHOUT ice. The more room temperature the ingredients the better because the coconut oil has a tendency to stick to the side of the blender if the smoothie is too cold.
This is a great way to start a healthy, happy day!