Superfood spotlight: Cacao
This week’s superfood spotlight is cacao. After being processed and stripped of nutrients, this bean creates one of the favorite foods on the planet, chocolate! It’s best to eat cacao in its raw, natural state because it has so many healing benefits:
- one of the best sources of antioxidants (flavonoids) on the planet.
- one of the best plant sources for Iron (great for people with anemia and menstruating women).
- a natural source of energy and mood enhancement via methylxanthine, component that acts similar to caffeine on the brain.
- fight cancer, decrease inflammation, and stay young!
- lose weight!
- maintain cardiovascular health.
- decrease allergies and allergic reactions.
- decrease blood sugar levels (great for diabetics).